Small update: I rewrote the CSS for this website to replace all of the Bootstrap Grid system stuff with straight up
Flexbox. It's so much better! We should all use Flexbox for everything!
The "gallery" view (used in, e.g., the end of yesterday's "Life Updates" post)
is also now Flexbox and better.
I tested this on a bunch of browsers and screen sizes, but please let me know if you find anything that looks broken.
I also got bored and made the tags page a tag cloud on wide-enough screens because it's like the 90's again.
Small update: this website now supports "Dark Mode" on macOS 10.14+ iOS 13+, and the forthcoming Android Q, all using the
prefers-color-scheme CSS media
selector. Let me know if you see anything that looks janky!
Some minor site updates over the last few days:
- Comments are now powered by Commento instead of Disqus. This
significantly reduces page load size on pages with comments.
- Icons (social media, etc) are all now 2x resolution for modern retina screens.
- Site-specific search is now powered by DuckDuckGo instead of Google. No longer loads an iframe, significantly
faster site-loads, and better privacy to boot.
- Archives page works again. Did this ever work?
- Page is back to being fluid instead of fixed-width.
- Improved CSS across the board, particularly on mobile devices.
- Code page is updated.
I also managed to backport in some blog posts from the 2004-2007 era that were on the Internet Archive. For
Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me if you notice any bugs.